Advised Nutrition and Oral Health Recommendations for Children
Advised Nutrition and Oral Health Recommendations are very important to our children, because they are the most important part of our life. We spend the most part of our lives for their upliftment. Their health is a prime importance for us. It needs to be noted that children miss school days due to dental pain. This is due to the change in lifestyle and the type of diet consumed as well as oral hygiene practices. Proper nutrition means eating the well-balanced diet so that your body gets nutrients needed by your body. Children who consume refined sugars likely develop decay. Choose food items that have low added sugars over the one that has low in added sugars.
Concern for Early Childhood
Toddlers are suffering a lot of pain due to decayed primary teeth. Most of the children are victims of nighttime bottle feeding. On the other hand, school going children suffer from dental decay because of high consumption of processed sugars. There exists a misconception with parents that fruit juices are healthy for children but it actually badly affects the children. It contributes to excessive calorie intake and risk of dental caries in children. Good nutrition for kids is the easiest ways to improve dental health. Foods that can be added to your child’s diet to help them have healthier teeth:
Apples are a great source of vitamins that are good for overall health. Chewing and eating apples helps to remove plaque from teeth. Celery and carrots also provide the similar benefit. It is advisable to ass these to your children’s diet.
Spinach provides a variety of health benefits. They are a source of iron and are powerful antioxidants. They have beta-carotene that is needed for keeping tooth enamel strong.
3. Salmon and other fish
Omega-3 fatty acids in fish help in improving heart health and are great sources of vitamin D, that plays a critical role in keeping teeth and jaw bones strong.
Oranges are other fruits are a great source of vitamin C. Lack of vitamin C leads to scurvy that can cause bleeding, swollen gums.
5. Low-fat Yogurt
Calcium is important for healthy teeth and yogurt is an important source of calcium.
Advised Nutrition and Oral Health Recommendations
- Choose healthy snacks such as cheese, nuts, fruits and vegetables.
- Choose whole fruit over fruit juices.
- Don’t encourage consumption of juices by toddlers in containers and also don’t give it during the bedtime.
- Brush your child’s teeth two or three times a day as soon as his first tooth erupts. Brush with the fluoride-containing toothpaste and don’t forget to use a small amount of paste for younger children.
- Floss your child’s teeth daily that is at least floss the teeth once in a day that will help to remove particles between teeth.
- It is also good to rinse with fluoride mouthwash since it helps to prevent tooth decay. But use the mouthwash only after 6 years.
- Make a visit to the dentists as soon as your child develops their first tooth. He/she will be able to guide you with appropriate dietary habits.
Hope you get an idea regarding the nutrition and oral health recommendations for children. if you have any queries related to the child oral health you can contact All Smiles Dental Spa.
Leave a reply
Leave a reply